streamlining certain parts of the game

Feel free to share your idea for game improvement if you have one!
Kalire
Taernian the refugee

streamlining certain parts of the game

Post by Kalire »

Many conversation options serve either no function or can be simplified. I have attached 2 screenshots for Voberg to show this.

Voberg conversation 1
voberg convo options 1
voberg convo options 1
voberg1.jpg (312.25 KiB) Viewed 872 times
:
  • -Who are you?
    -I'd like to sell something.
    -I want to buy some equipment.

-When will you have new equipment?
    -I want to do something about my equipment.
these 2 options could be changed to 1 option by having 2 tabs in the shop window, 1 for selling 1 for buying
This option could be changed to a timer in the shop window, or as part of the base conversation. "Take a look at my wares. You may find something to your liking, if not come back in XXX amount of time."
This option leads to conversation window 2, asking for another input. This one is my biggest gripe. Repair and upgrading are part of the same window that opens up after clicking one of the options, so no need to list them both, just make the icons a bit bigger and easier to differentiate. The melting of iron could be it's own option in conversation 1 because it has nothing to do with my equipment.
voberg convo options 2
voberg convo options 2
voberg2.jpg (258.34 KiB) Viewed 872 times
The option "I want to do something about my equipment" should just open the repair/upgrade window, no need for a 2nd conversation option screen.
This is just 1 of many examples where it just gets tedious to keep clicking through options.

So in conclusion the Voberg conversation screen could be:

"Take a look at my wares. You may find something to your liking, if not come back in XXX amount of time."
  • -Who are you?
    -Buy/Sell (opens shop window)
    -Upgrade/repair (opens repair/upgrade window)
    -Can you melt these Fallen Ones Junk?
    -Bye
Same amount of options as in conversation screen 1, but more consumer friendly.

Other possible solution is to have certain options only show up 1 time, for me this would be the most logical for the "Guide" npc, after the first time i know i need certain currency to use his services but he still gives me chat options instead of just opening the screen where i can choose where i want to go.

Other example where streamlining the game will make for a better experience, Toad boss.
There is no need for 2 maps before you see toad, take out the first map "Marsh", it is filled with mobs but you can skip most. Map 2 "Fen" has 3 mobs you can't skip. Consolidate these 2 maps into just "Fen" and add a few more unskippable mobs.

The small frogs and flies don't seem to drop anything, maybe have the frogs/flies have a small chance to drop Depths of Breath, so it doesn't feel like a waste of time.

Less clicks to do something is a better customer experience.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”