New player - questing in a party

Place to speak about any game related things.
Xzoviac
Taernian with basic skills

New player - questing in a party

Post by Xzoviac »

My friend and I have started the game together today, we love the combat the atmosphere and the graphics are beautiful, the pace of the game is refreshing for a mmo.

However the party system and questing together feels very weird having to break group and do each quest fight 2x together to progress so we can make our "own choices"

I would happly have a tick box that surrenders my choice (or my friends) so that we can progress and enjoy reading the story together, for me the current system really ruins the emersion.

I Hope this can be adressed or thought about as i think it negatively effects the multiplayer and its really a shame because this is a really fun game
rzuffi
Tilsai killer

Re: New player - questing in a party

Post by rzuffi »

Hello, thanks for your opinion.
This change requires huge rebuild in mechanics, can't be done instant, but a lot of players demands it, so I'll forward it to dev team.
Xzoviac

Post by Xzoviac »

Thanks for the reply, hopefully the dev team can do it!
Xzoviac

Post by Xzoviac »

Another problem with group hunting,
iv now out levelled my friend, so I attempted to do some lower content with him but my character eats all the exp, so we can no longer hunt together, this really sucks, as we want to be able to play together efficiently.
I Killed some goblins with him and got 50 xp and he got 5, he could do these fights on his own in 1 turn more and get all the xp,
I think this also needs looking at, to make grouping good no matter the level difference
rzuffi
Tilsai killer

Post by rzuffi »

Xzoviac wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:42 pm Another problem with group hunting,
iv now out levelled my friend, so I attempted to do some lower content with him but my character eats all the exp, so we can no longer hunt together, this really sucks, as we want to be able to play together efficiently.
I Killed some goblins with him and got 50 xp and he got 5, he could do these fights on his own in 1 turn more and get all the xp,
I think this also needs looking at, to make grouping good no matter the level difference
It might be a problem, but when removed low players could exp very fast with higher player.

It's all calculated: mobs levels, total mob party lvl, players levels, total party number.
Xzoviac

Post by Xzoviac »

rzuffi wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:10 pm
Xzoviac wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:42 pm Another problem with group hunting,
It might be a problem, but when removed low players could exp very fast with higher player.

It's all calculated: mobs levels, total mob party lvl, players levels, total party number.
you could have it so higher level players can quest , in low zones with out stealing all the xp in a low level party, but low players get less xp the higher the mob level is?
so high levels can still hunt and play with new players, with out making there hunting pointless

in some older MMOs I played they did this with a master student system, atm the game feels very solo (its great on your own questing and doing the story), but the multiplayer aspects need a lot of work/help to make it feel like a game worth playing together .

Im really loving the quests so far - the party systems are the only thing letting the game down imo
rzuffi
Tilsai killer

Post by rzuffi »

Xzoviac wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:46 pmthe party systems are the only thing letting the game down imo
Thanks for feedback, this part will be changed to make it more teamplay in the future.

Return to “The Crooked Inn”