Monster Loot Tables

Feel free to share your idea for game improvement if you have one!
Isomer
Taernian with basic skills

Monster Loot Tables

Post by Isomer »

Regular monsters feel valueless due to having either no loot tables (Most of the time) or only dropping crafting material for flasks in which we then accumulate 1,000,000. In a game about grinding and loot, this game desperately needs a better overall loot table on regular monsters and bosses could also be a little bit more exciting. Maybe after killing the boss, there is also a chance they leave behind a "Boss Chest", which grants an additional loot table. As for regular monsters, I want to feel like I have a chance to find treasure.

Regular Monsters Loot Table should look like this:

Item1: 50% Chance
Item2: 25% Chance
Item3: 10% Chance
Item4: 5% Chance
Item5: 1% Chance
Item6: 0.5% Chance
Item7: 0.1% Chance
Item8: 0.01% Chance

The player should want to grind because of how awesome the loot table is. Maybe we can find the ULTRA 0.01% treasure or we find the 0.5% treasure after an hour or so. The items are up to you. Create a system that is FUN. Right now, I burn out quick from grinding from how lacking the loot is, coming from a very grindy type of player. And to balance it all, that is what drop chance is for.
Xavier

Re: Monster Loot Tables

Post by Xavier »

But what would they drop? Normal items are shit, some jewelery with good res can be used, but everything else is just junk that you are selling to blacksmith for pennies. And now even rare items are mostly worst to new synergetics. This game is mostly about grinding for xp and hoping that the the epic will drop for you with 0,0000000000000001% chance for it.
Isomer

Post by Isomer »

-New ideas

-New systems

-Equipment with revised drop rates.

Endless possibilities with your imagination as your only obstacle.
Isomer

Post by Isomer »

In my opinion, this game utilizes maybe 25% of it's full potential. The game world is gorgeous, combat is actually amazing and I can see high level PvP being a thing (Even though I don't PvP)..... But the game is literally this simple:

1.) Do Main Story Quest
2.) Kill Bosses for loot
3.) Kill Regular Monsters for flask material

That is it.

The game needs to be this:

1.) Do Main Story Quest
2.) Kill Bosses for loot
3.) Kill Regular Monsters for flask material or tasks
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)

Let me explain a few things first. When designing the loot systems, you should separate items in categories like this:

[Global Loot] Any monster in the game can drop these items.
[Level Based Loot] Any monster in a specific level range can drop these items.
[Local Loot] Individual monsters drop these items.
[Gatherable Loot] Loot obtained from harvestable nodes in the world.

Global Loot when done right, makes it feel like any monster in the game is worth killing. Items designed where a low level can find something even a high level player would want to buy. Items used for crafting. Gold is already a global drop.

Level Based Loot, Local loot, and Gatherable Loot are self explanatory.

Remember this:

This means many things. Monsters have loot variety. Common items, uncommon, rare, very rare, etc... So grinding doesn't feel so plain. The more intertwined the loot is within the game, the more fun/interesting the game will be.

Example: Would you rather kill 1,000 Wolf1 or Wolf2?

[Wolf1 Loot Table]
x1 Wolf Fur

[Wolf2 Loot Table]

Do you see what I'm saying? Loot systems are the most important part of RPGs in my opinion. They are complicated to get right and most of the time are overlooked.

I think if you guys really nail this aspect of Broken Ranks, it will be an overall more enjoyable experience.

I will post a few more things in a bit.
Isomer

Post by Isomer »

I think there should be more items in the cash shop that you can both buy for platinum and also craft/find in the world.

-[Crafted Item] + [Global Drop]: Lockpick. One Time Use. Used to open various locked objects in the world. (Also has a % chance of opening platinum chests but you can also buy platinum keys.)

-[Crafted Item] + [Global Drop]: Teleport Scrolls for many locations. The materials to craft these can be dropped and/or harvested in the surrounding areas of these locations. (They can also be bought in the cash shop)

-[Crafted Item] + [Global Drop]: Summoning Scrolls. Summon your group to your location. (There really needs to be a way to form a group from anywhere in the world) (Item can be crafted, found, or bought in the cash shop)

Could be more items such as:

-[Crafted Item] + [Global Drop]: Bronze, Silver, Iron, Gold, Platinum Pickaxe. When harvesting a node in the world, increase the speed by % and find various [Local Loot] + [Global Loot] while equipped (Loot that can't be found when you have no tool). Only good for XYZ Durability. Higher pickaxe only increases the durability. (Either based on time or # of uses.) (Platinum Pickaxe be purchased in the cash shop or crafted/found in the world)
rzuffi
Tilsai killer

Post by rzuffi »

Hello, thanks for all those ideas :)

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”