Small population

Feel free to share your idea for game improvement if you have one!
Tobi
Taernian with basic skills

Small population

Post by Tobi »

Hi, hope you guys do something about old US/UK server taern 2d players. It's just not enough people for anything in thalia, its so small that its easier to find runs on 2d right now then on thalia :p Are you guys working on something, or what, we were with you from the begginings, come on :) Will there be some merge with polish servers, some multi lang server ready soon?
Pulaski
Simon’s student

Re: Small population

Post by Pulaski »

i think to be able to mix 2 diff languages, it's possible when there won't be any language restriction. (that's what have been told once)

-> for example: when you i'll gonna be able to choose to your own language in settings. (idea)

ps: also i think that's something that they already seeing. (guessing)
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

All we do is guess and have ideas, because no one is giving us info. Why doesn't someone from staff adress this? We the players have been the backbone for this game, even before they imagined a single 140 roaming around. Now they don't seem to reply at all, and let us hanging, it is weird. I don't see why some merge with Drakemer, or Tolnor polish server is not possible yet, I would like some explanation. Even if I don't understand the language hundreds of them are speaking, i'd still rather play there then at the empty server where I understand the language only I'm speaking xd. What's the meaning of having english servers with 50 active people together. People from 2d will come to polish 3d servers, we are speaking on 2d about it. More people are still on english 2d then english 3d xD. Give us a choice to play on an active server, it is our choice weather to play on a server we don't know language of, or inactive servers. Changes on these servers on language can come later, just let us play.
rzuffi
Tilsai killer

Post by rzuffi »

Hello!

From the beginning we announced that we do not plan anything new on old Taern servers, there won't be any major updates. Players who decided to stay on old game should be aware of it.

I'd like to remind, that old players can play on Thalia - server migrated to Broken Ranks, which is much more active.
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

Thalia can not compete to old 2d server in activity, not enough players for runs even. The game has improved in graphics mostly, good job, but there are much less english community players then before. You are saying that thalia is much active then 2d, but it does not seem like that to me and other players I've spoken to, who try to play there. We remember how it was before, so maybe that has something to do with it maybe we are wrong. You are mentioning "much more active". Why don't you show us actual numbers of active accounts for thalia, like accounts that have chars logging like every week and also for polish servers, some concrete high number info would be very encouraging, wish we knew that. It's just very few english community players, we would love to go whereever more players are, even if we don't know the language. We have played this game long enough that we can do without the language. No updates for 2d, you are improving, I get it, but what is the plan for english community players? I think any update that will bring more activity will be very encouraging and welcomed, some old players will come back too.
rzuffi
Tilsai killer

Post by rzuffi »

I think you mixed few things, to make it clear: current Thalia2D is smaller than Thalia 3D, players from "old" Thalia moved to Thalia3D, but also to new English server and other languages servers, each new foreign server is bigger than "old" Thalia.
What will be done in near future, is to allow players on similar servers to play together, even if they started on different language versions.
Tobi wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:43 am
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

When we old players play, we see there are fever people then before - why don't you give us numbers, if they are good, its an asset. MMORPGs usualy flex with it, I mean, it is a massive multiplayer,... Could do only good, if the numbers are good.
Merging same language servers, if I understand that correctly, is a nice idea, maybe that's how some players are lost - new players went on other servers - even tho i know lots of oldies are out. That will help, I'm sure. But also, follow the population, may be that that won't be enough for population solution, in which case, as one discussion before had, do have a multilanguage server somewhere "back in your mind". We from thalia don't consider the server to be active.
Thx for the post, hope some of these follow-ups will come and help.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”