Black screen

Place to speak about any game related things.
kinghold56
Taernian with basic skills

Black screen

Post by kinghold56 »

Hi have the problem that I have black screen as soon as I start the game mouse courser you see but nothing else. older driver version I can not use because I have problems with my monitor because amd just the funny bug that you have on the main screen only ne resolution of 640x480 and you can not change that. current driver version what I use is ; 22.8.2 use : radeon rx 6600

PS: support I have probably written but an answer you get unfortunately not.
Onion
Kemenac visitor

Re: Black screen

Post by Onion »

You need to install older version from amd site. Just downgrade to version 22.5.1
viewtopic.php?t=1048
kinghold56

Post by kinghold56 »

I cannot as I have written. As soon as I take an older driver monitor no longer works properly and remains at 640x480 resolution (can not be changed). As far as I have seen the problem exists since release how can that be that still has not been fixed?
Onion
Kemenac visitor

Post by Onion »

Well, I think it is rather AMD driver problem. I will send it further. Although I'm afraid you have to look for a solution with AMD support to fix the resolution error.
All what we can do with black screen is install older version.

You said that you sent it to our support, can you write here your nick and server to easier contact?
kinghold56

Post by kinghold56 »

have written to amd support they can't do anything here , what they could do was already fixed with 22.5.3. They think that your client is the problem. Could not until now create a server or char how because even if I have black screen :D could write about support anyway only ne mail was asked for no data had to specify only email. cut it - Onion

there must be another solution. If amd support can't do anything and you can't do anything how am i ever going to play the game? am i supposed to buy an nvidia graphics card or what? it's not just me that has the problem but everyone that uses an amd graphics card.
Onion
Kemenac visitor

Post by Onion »

We will try do something. Your post has been read, I cut out your address e-mail to nobody unwanted see it.
kinghold56

Post by kinghold56 »

oh ok thanks <3
rzuffi
Tilsai killer

Post by rzuffi »

Hello, we will try to cooperate with AMD to find solution, you should be aware, that game works fine on recomended (previous) version, best and fastest way would be to force monitor to work with 22.5.1 drivers.
kinghold56 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:20 pm have written to amd support they can't do anything here , what they could do was already fixed with 22.5.3. They think that your client is the problem. Could not until now create a server or char how because even if I have black screen :D could write about support anyway only ne mail was asked for no data had to specify only email. cut it - Onion

there must be another solution. If amd support can't do anything and you can't do anything how am i ever going to play the game? am i supposed to buy an nvidia graphics card or what? it's not just me that has the problem but everyone that uses an amd graphics card.
kinghold56

Post by kinghold56 »

the problem is that as soon as i use an older driver version, my monitor is stuck at 640x480 resolution and there is no way to change it.
Pulaski
Simon’s student

Post by Pulaski »

kinghold56 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:43 am the problem is that as soon as i use an older driver version, my monitor is stuck at 640x480 resolution and there is no way to change it.
did u already tried the method? to:

step 1:
windows 10:
go to advanced display settings >
display adapter propetiers for display 1
Properties
Driver settings try to update driver overthere
first option: search automatically for update driver software option

step 2: Properties > Driver settings
uninstall device option > uninstall > restart your pc and your pc will be able to re-instal the basic devices again.
after that check your display settings again.
you will gonna be able to config all your resolutions again like should be normally.
you can open your google search for amd drivers and open the website same for nvidia driver.
Acebeans
Still in prologue

Post by Acebeans »

I'm having the same issue. I can't downgrade my driver version either as I play other games that rely on an up to date driver. Hopefully, the issue can be fixed.

Return to “The Crooked Inn”